Thursday, January 15, 2009

Making more time for art

Shana
pastel
14 x 17 in.

Shell Seekers
pastel
20 x 10 in.


I am in hopes that starting this blog will help me to make more time for art. I have started following some blogs of artists whose work I admire. These artists are good at creating art on what seems to be a daily basis, which I would like to do. If not every day than maybe at least 5 days out of 7. I try to enter some paintings in the shows we have at the Atlanta Artists Center once a month. I have been fortunate to have had several paintings accepted into the shows over the past few years. Just recently I had two accepted into the "Winner's Circle" Show that runs through the month of January. One received Honorable Mention. So my first paintings I will post will be the two that were accepted. The portrait of Shana received the honorable mention.

1 comment:

  1. The only artists who fail are the ones who quit.........
    touch art everyday and you will become the master......
    and now I will go to my studio.....

    thanx....

    ReplyDelete