Saturday, January 2, 2010

A note to Christy Sich

The artist to who I owe the pleasure of painting is Christy Sich, see previous post. You can see the painting she did of me on the dsfdf blog. I'd like to say to Christy, you did an excellent job on getting my likeness, my daughter agrees! What medium did you work in? I know it was quite a challenge to work from the photo because the view was from slightly above me, which I know getting the perspective correct was probably difficult, but you mastered it well. I hope to see more of your work on Karin's future challenges. Also, thanks for providing me with a great reference photo for this portrait swap.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, the portrait you did of me is absolutely beautiful. This is the first time that I've participated in Karin's blog challenge, but I think I am going to try and participate more regularly to help improve my skills. The portrait I did of you was very challenging for me. The shadowy areas beyond you were tricky for me, but the picture you provided was fantastic. I don't think I quite did it justice, but I'm still learning. I did this in pastel. I see I have a lot to learn from you, so I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful portrait!! Great job. Akiko

    ReplyDelete